The Show Must Go On

Ugh, today was a rough one.  My little one came down with a stomach virus on Thursday, very short one, less than 24 hours.  Well, today I was scheduled for a craft show in Rocky Mount.  Set up time was 7:30 a.m. and the show time was 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.  When my 5:30 a.m. alarm went off, I was not feeling pretty at all.  At first I thought it was the early wake up, but I usually get up at 6 am, not a big difference.

As I got up and began moving, I realized this was not an early wake up, this was the kid’s virus!  I went right to the supplement cabinet and took a dose of grape seed extract, made myself a piece of toast and a fruit smoothie, which I could not touch.  After lying in the bathroom floor as long as time would allow, I got myself up, got dressed, and drove myself down the mountain.  It was not a pretty ride, but the show must go on!

Made it to the show after stopping in my moms driveway for a toothbrush and toothpaste.  I forgot to brush my teeth before I left the house, not pretty!  Thankfully the show provided a high school soft ball team to unload the ride, and I had my mom on board to sit at the booth just in case I needed to bail.

I sat at the booth the entire day through waves of nausea, and then feeling not so bad, the ride began again.  I finished my toast about 10 a.m. and my smoothie by 3 p.m.  Definitely had a fever in the afternoon; had to wrap up in my scarf and coat, not pretty.   I was so glad that my mom was there; if she had not been, I would have been whining for her.

I informed all the people who wanted hugs and to talk closely that  I had a virus and they may want to stand a little further away. They all JUMPED back.  Sales were still pretty good from the nice turn out and with good family support.  (Rocky Mount is my homeland.)  Hopefully, I kept my virus contained to me; guess we will find out.  I am going to lie down and call it a day.  Ugh to a not very pretty day.


About Mountain Light Jewelry

My name is Carly Burke and I am a jewelry artist living in the Blue Ridge Mountains of VA. I turned my hobby into a business September 2009 and have enjoyed using mostly copper and argentium silver wire and semi precious stones to create unique wearable art. I have also appreciated the challenge of jewelry photography, marketing, selling and learning to be a salesman.
This entry was posted in My Life and Inspiration. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s